14 Additional Vehicle Models With HD Radio™ Technology Hit Dealerships Nationwide
Monday, June 18th, 2012
Toyota, Ford, Cadillac, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Porsche, Scion & Subaru Expand HD Radio-Enabled Line-ups
- What: Fourteen new models from 9 automotive brands offering HD Radio Technology as standard or as a factory-installed option have or will soon hit dealerships across the country.
- Automakers and models include:
- The 2013 Cadillac XTS comes standard with HD Radio Technology
- The 2013 Ford Escape now offers HD Radio Technology
- The 2012 Hyundai Azera comes standard with HD Radio Technology
- The 2013 Lexus GS, RX and LX come standard with HD Radio Technology
- The 2013 Mazda CX-5 is the first Mazda to offer HD Radio Technology
- The 2012 Porsche Cayenne, Panamera and 911 all offer HD Radio Technology
- The 2013 Scion FR-S and iQ come standard with HD Radio Technology
- The 2013 Subaru BRZ comes standard with HD Radio Technology
- The 2013 Toyota Venza now offers HD Radio Technology
- A total of 28 automakers have now publicly announced their plans to incorporate HD Radio Technology in 140+ models by year-end with more than 60 featuring HD Radio receivers as standard equipment. The announced automotive brands include: Acura, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Ford, GMC, Hyundai, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI USA, Porsche, Ram, Rolls-Royce, Scion, SRT (Chrysler), Subaru, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
- Why: Automakers are continuing to embrace HD Radio Technology at a rapid pace, offering consumers a variety of new and exciting stations in crystal-clear digital sound, including on-screen text information that displays song titles and artist names, and the popular iTunes® Tagging feature which enables listeners to tag songs for later download and purchase through iTunes. The recently launched Artist Experience feature is also growing very quickly as more broadcasters are supporting the feature and auto brands such as VW, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and soon to be others are launching radios that display the artist images and station logos.
- Today, there are over 2,100 AM & FM stations broadcasting with HD Radio Technology with more than 1,400 additional digital only FM HD2/HD3/HD4 multicast channels sending new exciting programming.
- Where: Your local auto dealerships nationwide.
# # #
For more information, contact:
Steve Baldacci James DeRidder
Senior VP Marketing Director, OEM Marketing
iBiquity Digital Corporation iBiquity Digital Corporation
Director, OEM Marketing
iBiquity Digital Corporation
Note to editors: “HD Radio” and the “HD Radio” logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corp. The “HD” in HD Radio™ is part of iBiquity Digital’s brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.